The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Transportation, Field Clerk within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 23 December 2019.
Position Title: Transportation, Field Clerk
Duty Station: Moldova (change of location within the country might be required)
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Organizational unit: Field Office Otaci (FOOT)
Expected duration of assignment: 23 December 2019 – 30 November 2020
Closing Date: 2 December 2019
Subscriber monthly fee: 940 EUR
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of FOOT, overall supervision of the Chief of Administration and in close coordination with the Senior Driver, the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in the Republic of Moldova. The Transportation, Field Clerk works in close collaboration with the Finance Specialist, HR Specialist, Procurement Specialist and Security Assistant of the EUBAM Admin Unit Chisinau, for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Perform minor vehicle repairs, plans and arrange for other repairs, replacement, services and maintenance procedure as coordinated with the Head of FOOT;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and relevant report to the Senior Driver;
- Keep records of consumables for the vehicles and conduct their monthly inventory check;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Mission vehicles for the transport of EUBAM personnel;
- delivering/collecting mail, documents, pouches, equipment and other items as required;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and other entry points, facilitate immigration and customs formalities and provide city transfers as required;
- In close cooperation with the National Security Officer, take proper steps to reduce potential security threats to EUBAM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, map of the city/country, first aid kit, tools and consumables as per vehicle hand-over voucher in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that the steps required by applicable laws, rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement of the Mission vehicle in a traffic accident;
- Provide full and accurate event and accident reports as required;
- Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean;
- Ensure vehicle security;
- Ensure safe and timely driving for field trips in- or outside the country;
- Support procurement of goods and services within delegated level of authority;
- Provide minor repair services of the office equipment within delegated level of authority upon request of supervisor;
- Assisting the supervisor in overall office facilities management by providing supplies of spare parts and consumables upon request of supervisor;
- Provide logistical and administrative support as required;
- Perform other duties as required by the Head of FOOT.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Vocational school diploma in economics or procurement is an asset;
- Valid driver's license of at least category B;
- Five (5) years’ work experience as a driver;
- Experience of work for international organizations is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Traffic Rules of Republic of Moldova;
- Skills in minor and emergency vehicle repair;
- Safe driving record;
- Fluency in Romanian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement;
- Basic knowledge of office software (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Internet Explorer) is an asset.
Email your IOM Personal History form (http://eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications December 2, 2019; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner. The candidates who applied for this position earlier will be considered automatically, there is no need to re-apply.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.