Migration Health Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Migration Health Assistant
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Classification: General service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 20 July, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to Migration Health Department
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage appointments for health assessments with IOM Chisinau panel doctors / designated medical practitioners for migrants traveling to the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Identify issues affecting efficient process delivery and suggest and initiate remedial actions.
- Verify and confirm identity of migrants arriving for health assessments, take photos, and register all the relevant information in the medical databases, and complete non-medical documentation.
- Provide counselling to migrants regarding physical examinations, follow-ups, and further requirements (treatment etc).
- Handle and control the processing of medical information and manage medical record systems.
- Prepare and process all the paperwork related to medical check-ups and provide assistance to examining panel physicians/designated medical practitioner.
- Ensure that migrants’ medical files are properly completed, sealed and ready for delivery. Collate, photocopy, finalize and archive medical documentation.
- Dispatch by mail/hand out finalized medical files as appropriate.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all medical documents.
- Make sure the fees for the health assessment and for any required additional medical tests are fully paid.
- Properly register and reconcile with the Finance Department all payments received from the migrants.
- Prepare daily, monthly, and annual financial and statistical reports.
- Translate medical documentation from local language into English and vice versa.
- Maintain effective working relationship with Immigration Medical Services of respective countries.
- Monitor usage, register and timely alert on missing office materials and medical supplies. Prepare purchase requests for such items in a timely manner.
- Assist NMHO in archiving of the forms, documents and maintenance of the IOM medical library.
- Manage medical escorts’ database and keep medical reports archived and available for revision.
- Verify Invoices from service providers and submit payment requests in timely manner.
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary education in medical sciences, biology, chemistry or related fields;
- Knowledge of the business administration and health regulations of Moldova.
- At least five years of professional experience;
- Working in international organizations and experience in practicing of evidence-based medicine will be an advantage.
- Skilful organizer and good analytical thinker.
- Capable of communicating effectively with different levels within and outside the Organization.
- Proven proficiency in MS Office applications, MS Word, Excel and Access in particular.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required. French is an advantage
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Those candidates who have already applied in response to earlier advertisement will be automatically considered and do not need to apply again.
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 20 July 2019, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.07.2019 to 20.07.2019