The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Driver (Field Office Otaci) within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 20 March 2017.
Position Title: Driver
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Organizational unit: Field Office Otaci
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Field Office Otaci and under overall supervision of Chief of Administration the incumbent contributes to a smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission in the Republic of Moldova. The employee assists in the effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions, including driving and administrative support management.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Performs minor vehicle repairs, plans and arranges for other repairs, replacements, services and maintenance procedures in a way most convenient for the office;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and report to Procurement Specialist in the Republic of Moldova;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Mission vehicles for the transport of EUBAM personnel
- delivery / collection of mail, documents, pouches, equipment and other items as required
- Meeting official personnel at the airport and other entry points, facilitates immigration and customs formalities and provides city transfers as required;
- Ensure safe and timely driving for field trips in- or out-side the country;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Interacts with the traffic police and/or other competent parties on all issues related to vehicle registration, un-registration, technical inspection, pass authorization, foreign travel formalities etc.;
- Ensures that the steps required by applicable laws, rules and regulations are taken in case if involvement of the Mission vehicle in a traffic accident;
- Provides full and accurate event and accident reports as required;
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Ensures vehicle security;
- Provides troubleshooting services for the office premises, affiliate facilities and furniture;
- Performs other duties as required by Head of Field Office Otaci.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver's license of at least category B;
- Five (5) years’ work experience as a driver (recommendations required);
- Experience of work for international organizations is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Traffic Rules of Moldova;
- Skills in minor and emergency vehicle repair;
- Safe driving record;
- Fluency in Romanian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement;
- Basic knowledge of office software (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Internet Explorer) is an asset.
This is a local position opened for citizens and residents of the Republic of Moldova.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Method of application:
Interested applicants are invited to send IOM personal history form (http://eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to: email@example.com. Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message. Closing date for applications is 28 February 2017 however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interview.