Position Title: CVAC Client Service Assistant
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4, UN Salary Scale
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general oversight of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration & Visa Support Solutions (IVSS) Unit at HQ and reporting directly to the regional VAC Team Leader programmatically and directly to the Operations Coordinator and Chief of Mission administratively, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre (CVAC) operated by IOM; particularly he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the CIC Statement of Work (SOW) and the CIC Service Standards.
- Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, fax, e-mail, chat and SMS inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per CIC checklists, including biometrics collection: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting/additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as necessary.
- Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable Canadian visa fee(s) and IOM service fee(s); issue accurate receipts; carry out daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting same; Safe keeping of all applications, supporting documentation and fees collected and responsible for CANVAC office keys;
- Data Capture: Assist in maintaining a high degree of skill in using the CVAC software platform provided; enter all applicant data, enrol biometrics as required, submit application documents in the required order, while forwarding all applicant, passport and appointment information to CIC; ensure accurate tracking of both applications and supporting documents via the CVAC software’s bar code scanning system;
- Returning of passports, supporting documentation and visa decisions. Assist in collecting processed applications; returning processed applications, passports and supporting documentation;
- Reporting: Assist in maintaining accurate and detailed records of all applications and fees received, and biometrics enrolled and report these records daily;
- Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
- Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and CIC staff locally.
- Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
- Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief, Financial Services in Manila, IVSS/IBM Unit at HQ and the VAC Regional Team Leaders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience:
- University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum 2 (two) years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office; Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail; Team player; 100% integrity.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required. French is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 04 June 2017, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 22.05.2017 to 04.06.2017